On August 4, 2020, Commerce announced in the Federal Register the opportunity to request an annual administrative review for products that are currently subject to antidumping and countervailing duties.
The products and countries that have August anniversary months are the following:
- Seamless Line and Pressure Pipe from Germany
- Sodium Nitrite from Germany and China
- Finished Carbon Steel Flanges from India and Italy
- Brass Sheet & Strip; Tin Mill Products from Japan
- Polyethylene Retail Carrier Bags from Malaysia, Thailand, and China
- Light –Walled Rectangular Pipe and Tube from Mexico, Korea, and China
- Dioctyl Terephthalate; Large Power Transformers; Low Melt Polyester Staple Fiber from Korea
- Small Diameter Carbon and Alloy Seamless Standard Line and Pressure Pipe from Romania
- Ripe Olives from Spain
- Certain Frozen Fish Fillets from Vietnam
- Steel Propane Cylinders from Thailand
- Silicomanganese from Ukraine
- Various Products from China
As part of this annual review process, Commerce intends to select respondents based on an analysis of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data for U.S. imports during the period of review which is released only to legal counsel for interested parties. Any party wishing to participate in the antidumping and countervailing duty review process or who may be affected by duties on the products identified in the Federal Register notice should file a request for review no later than August 31, 2020. In order to be eligible to participate in the review, a party must either be an exporter or importer of the specific products and during the specific time periods identified in the Federal Register notice.
If your company or your suppliers are affected by these reviews, please contact Husch Blackwell’s International Trade and Supply Chain group for assistance on how the annual review process works.