On November 3, 2020, Commerce announced in the Federal Register the opportunity to request an annual administrative review for products that are currently subject to antidumping and countervailing duties. In addition to administrative reviews, Commerce has included an opportunity to request a new suspension agreement proceeding pertaining to certain cut-to-length carbon steel plate from Ukraine.
The products and countries that have been listed in the Federal Register notice are the following:
- Strontium Chromate from Austria and France
- Circular Welded Non-Alloy Steel Pipe from Brazil, Mexico, Korea, and Taiwan
- Welded Stainless Pressure Pipe from India
- Coated Paper Suitable for High-Quality Print Graphics Using Sheet-Fed Presses from Indonesia and China
- Monosodium Glutamate from Indonesia and China
- Forged Steel Fittings from Italy and China
- Refillable Stainless Steel Kegs from Mexico
- Seamless Refined Copper Pipe and Tube from Mexico and China
- Steel Concrete Reinforcing Bar from Mexico and Turkey
- Certain Hot-Rolled Carbon Steel Flat Products from Taiwan, Thailand, China, and Ukraine
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Film from United Arab Emirates and China
- Various products from China:
- Diamond Sawblades and Parts Thereof
- Fresh Garlic
- Lightweight Thermal Paper
- Paper Clips
- Pure Magnesium in Granular Form
- Refined Brown Aluminum Oxide
- Seamless Carbon and Alloy Steel Standard, Line and Pressure Pipe
- Sodium Gluconate, Gluconic Acid, and Derivative Products
As part of this annual review process, Commerce intends to select respondents based on an analysis of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data for U.S. imports during the period of review which is released only to legal counsel for interested parties. Any party wishing to participate in the antidumping and countervailing duty review process, or who may be affected by duties on the products identified in the Federal Register notice, should file a request for review no later than November 30, 2020. In order to be eligible to participate in the review, a party must either be an exporter or importer of the specific products during the specific time periods identified in the Federal Register notice.
If your company or your suppliers are affected by these reviews, please contact Husch Blackwell’s International Trade and Supply Chain group for assistance.